Out in the hinterlands, where oil and gas companies have operations and critical infrastructure such as dams are located, there is an increasing demand for video surveillance. These locations need protection from theft and intruders who could cause harm.
The challenge is multipronged in these environments: 1) limited access to power sources 2) they are difficult to reach and manage; and 3) they are exposed to harsh weather and dusty conditions.
In order to meet the demands, Razberi teamed up with Ameresco, Axis and Milestone to address these three factors respectively.
Ameresco brings a new dimension to surveillance as a leader in renewable energy solutions. Acting as a technology partner, Ameresco designed a solar kit to help power Razberi’s ServerSwitchIQ™ Rugged surveillance solution that works with Axis cameras and other components. The kits would be offered based on the number of operating hours required per end user. Some locations based on budget, size and remoteness may not require 24x7 power solutions and can be tailored to leverage solar and battery power based on the application need.
Key elements of the solution: (view solution brief)
- Ameresco solar power kits as described.
- Razberi ServerSwitchIQ™ Rugged is a tough, intelligent video recording appliance that is designed to go wherever you need it and is manageable from wherever you are. Hardened out-of-the-box, ServerSwitchIQ Rugged is designed to withstand extreme temperature conditions from -40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F) without requiring additional heating or air conditioning systems.
- Axis Q1615-E Mk II network camera which is the world’s first outdoor-ready network camera with an intelligent i-CS lens. It delivers superior image quality in footage of fast-moving objects under even the most demanding lighting conditions.
- Milestone XProtect Corporate runs out of the box on the Razberi ServerSwitchIQ Rugged. It integrates Razberi CameraDefense™ cybersecurity solution with Milestone XProtect Corporate, enabling integrators to consistently guard the video surveillance systems under their purview. The Razberi integration with Milestone creates a single pane of glass for Milestone VMS operators to be notified and take action if CameraDefense detects a cyber threat.
- Radar perimeter with Axis Network Radar Detector
The pilot of the joint technology solution is physically mounted and working at Ameresco’s headquarters in Houston, Texas.
The companies are working collaboratively to address the growing challenge of operating surveillance reliably and cost effectively in remote, hard to reach places.
Find out more by contacting Razberi.